View with Mozilla Firefox. Powered by Blogger.

the sunflower

>> Sunday, July 11, 2010



my eyes open with the dawn
breaking, my arm vanishes
into the crevice that
is your space in
my bed.

i hear droplets of water from
the shower, but only
your heat remains,
and a whiff of
lavender.

i trail off into the kitchen
the cold floor and
stale coffee are
witnesses to
my passing.

i fly to the window, hoping,
but there is none,
not even an echo
of the echo of
your name.

i pass the hours looking at
the door, but the
knob remains
silent with
your prints.

i lay on the bed with the moon
in my eyes and my arm
presses, a crevice,
your space in
my bed.


.

3 comments:

Jodi July 11, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

I love it! ahh, the sunfower has a new life. (I love his poem)The ambiance is beautiful, surreal, and romantic. :)

yeah, I'd say this is agreat move..
ahem, I may need to use my blog at some point. This is so much better to arrive with a melody playing.. verus adding videos to hubs.

ps- I tried to leave acomment before.. not sure if it is in the airwaves. comments on blogs is new for me and I have so many accounts - I lose track of how to get into them :p
So, if this is duplicated go ahead and delete..

Brenda July 11, 2010 at 1:39 PM  

thanks for directing me here, nice to be able to read your work, and listen to music at the same time. This is a peaceful space you have found.

Cris A July 11, 2010 at 4:42 PM  

@jodi
Aha! Always the first one to read my stuff. Thanks for liking my attempts at poetry (you are one of many to blame for this endeavor! Haha)

Glad you liked what you found here. Thanks for coming over. :D

@Brenda
I cannot not invite you for a visit - you are one of the few who really sincerely dig what I wax poetically about. Thanks :D

Post a Comment

visits

music from movies

this blog

Copyright 2010© by Cris Advincula. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP