View with Mozilla Firefox. Powered by Blogger.

love junkie

>> Tuesday, August 3, 2010



i went to the doctor today
and showed him my tattoos
they hurt more than old
photographs do, dirty reds,
almost black when I'm drunk
doc just shook his head
and gave me a revolver

i took the cold metal with
both hands, revering its
isolation and authority,
it reminded me of God
as i pointed it at my heart
which was then uncannily
quiet, stupid stupid heart
can't think right, ever
and when it kissed the
barrel, it slept and dreamt
of ol' bonnie and clyde

god is a gun
love is a kiler

i got a song stuck in my
head playing like some
broken record, the more
you ignore me the closer
i get...is morissey gay?
not that i care. none of
my business who loves
what. it's the why's and
the how's that make me
want to...since reading
wuthering heights

love is a weeper

i'm going to read poetry
tonight. probably keats
some sandburg and maybe
a little shakespeare. under
the stars, incognito. oh
l'amour, one side promise
the other,  remembrance
you can have but never
hold either way. a shame...
and my greatest tragedy.


.

7 comments:

Shalini August 3, 2010 at 4:40 AM  

One side promise, the other remembrance - it's the eternal dilemma, isn't it? And of course the words and the image are stunning! (Do I sound like a stuck record? :D)

Fun and Fearless August 3, 2010 at 5:00 AM  

Love is a killer and a weeper. What more can we say? T_T Nice verses.

I actually have my own version of a recording stuck in my head. . . Oh well.

But honestly, now I can't get Nazareth and Iyaz (I'm sorry) out of my mind because of your poem.

Cris A August 4, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

@Shalini - Yes, a dilemma. A constant dilemma.

@FandF - After reading your comment, now a Kylie Minogue song is stuck in my head... Haha

Generique(lxxy)Media August 4, 2010 at 11:04 AM  

This is so wonderful Cris, such great observations for the love lorn...

AIDY August 4, 2010 at 10:48 PM  

How twisted love and passion aches the heart. This is a very poignant revelation

'God is a gun
love is a killer'

Woah, Cris. The image is stunning. Beautiful choice of red and the straight jacket...eerie.

Wicked!

Fun and Fearless August 5, 2010 at 2:07 AM  

Cris, I'm thinking of ♪₧ Can't Get You Out of My Head. ♫♪

But then again, I realized there are so many Kylie Minogue songs. ('.') Which one?

At least Nazareth and Iyaz are easier. (-_-)

Cris A August 6, 2010 at 1:23 AM  

@lexi - for the love lorn, the loveless, the love sick, and the love junkie :D

@sandy
And oh, love is wicked too! Haha

@FandF
Yeah, that Kylie song! Da da da da Haha

Post a Comment

visits

music from movies

this blog

Copyright 2010© by Cris Advincula. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP