View with Mozilla Firefox. Powered by Blogger.

like a flower

>> Sunday, October 24, 2010


i unfurl in many colors
                 little by little when you are taken to the night
                 or suddenly when you are inclined to behold
as red as your heart in times of hate, choleric
as blue as your wintering soul, disconsolate
as white as your thoughts in prayer, chaste
purples greens passim, prismatic thru glass
 
i flood your air, headily
                 cautiously like autumnal leaves descending
                 or frantically like stormy weather unbound
with perfumes so potent Chloris weeps in envy
else feeble whiffs you mistake for afterthoughts
until to you I become no more a passing fancy

on my skin are etched
                paths to your awakening, rapturous, earthly
                across hellish high waters to placid shores
with me you are immortal, celestial, infinite
no dream has a prayer to make you forget
no memory, no silence, nothing is as distinct

love, i am love
let me in like a secret
your fall and redemption like a flower 


,,

2 comments:

Francia October 25, 2010 at 2:33 AM  

Hi Cris,

At last, now I am the first in the queue to say something after reading "like a flower".

I like the last stanza very much:

let me in like a secret
your fall and redemption like a flower.

Cris A October 27, 2010 at 3:21 AM  

You're just saying that France! Haha But still I thank you - it does make me feel good! :D

Post a Comment

visits

music from movies

this blog

Copyright 2010© by Cris Advincula. All rights reserved.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP